By Patrice Meadows — Apr 4, 2018 11:00 AM
Cascade CMS is full of features that help teams work more efficiently. Now there are new ways to boost efficiency using Cascade CMS.
The latest version of Cascade CMS streamlines the publishing of related content to make it fast and easy. Related Content Publishing helps users select the related content they may also need to publish based on changes to source Assets. For example, if a contributor creates an event that appears on their site ’s home page, calendar, and events page, the Related Content Publishing feature prompts them to publish one, or all, of the related pages to ensure that new content appears everywhere it should.
In the past, you may have relied on end-users to manually republish content or used scheduled Publish Sets to manage this function. While these options are still available, this feature makes it easier for end-users to manage these related content updates as they publish.
How does this work?
In Cascade CMS 8.9, there are two new options for Related Content Publishing.
- View and Publish Related Content prompts users to view Asset's Relationships and opt to publish them. Relationships are created automatically when Assets link to each other in content, but can also be manually created to establish relationships between Assets that aren't directly linked.
- Include Publish Set allows users to choose to publish the Publish Set associated with a page’s Content-Type. Associating a Publish Set with a Content-Type is a great way to ensure that related content is published when new pages relevant to that Page Type are created and published.
Here’s how to get started:
Create and Manage Publishable Relationships:
- Click More > Relationships.
- Some relationships such as links between assets in content or will appear automatically and be specified as “Linked” Relation type.
- Users can also Create a manual relationship by clicking Choose Publishable Site Content.
- Select a folder, page, or file asset and click Choose.
- Click Close when you've finished adding or removing relationships.
Linking Content Types to Publish Sets:
- Navigate to the Content-Type and click Edit > Publish Options.
- Under Publish Set, click Choose Publish Set.
- Select the appropriate Publish Set and click Choose.
- Click Submit.
Other things to remember:
- Content Types can be connected to Publish Sets so that whenever an Asset of that Content-Type is published, the Publish Set is also published.
- If the Asset’s Content-Type has a linked Publish Set, it will be published by default with the “Include Publish Set” option. Users can opt out of this in the publish screen.
If you want to learn more about Related Content Publishing, or any new or recent addition to Cascade CMS; visit our Knowledge Base. We’re constantly adding and updating resources to help users get the most out of Cascade CMS.
Want to know what’s next with Cascade CMS? Visit our Idea Portal where you can see what features we’re working on, submit ideas for features you’d like to see, and vote for your favorite feature suggestions from fellow Cascade CMS users.
Ready to start using Related Content Publishing? Download Cascade CMS 8.9.
Not ready to upgrade but want to learn more about what’s possible with Cascade CMS? Check out one of our Client Community resources. You can interact with other users and get help customizing Cascade CMS.
- Cascade Exchange: a collection of example sites, code, videos and tutorials for Cascade CMS users.
- Help Forum: a database of FAQs and answers with input from active users and our product team.
- Idea Portal: customer portal where users can see what we’re working on, vote for their favorite feature requests, and make suggestions about changes they’d like to see.
- Community Slack Feedback Channel: share your thoughts in real time by joining our feedback slack channel.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to stay informed about new product features, changes, and useful tips to help you and your team be more effective and efficient.